Eczema or Dermatitis is the major skin problem worldwide. Dermatitis is the decease that causes inflammation or red spots on the skin causing constant pain in the skin. This chronic skin decease has been a trouble worldwide because dermatitis and its serious forms cause not only health issues but can also lead to disability to leave a normal life. Many dermatitis patients around the globe are unable to do daily tasks and in chronic cases, it is noticed that patients also quit their jobs. Looking at this fact you probably can imagine the severe effects of Dermatitis. Let’s understand what dermatitis is, what the causes of dermatitis are and how you
can cure or prevent dermatitis.
What is Dermatitis? What are its forms and symptoms?
Derma’ means Skin and itis’ means deceases characterized by inflammation, in Latin. So, Dermatitis also called Eczema is a word for addressing a group of skin decreases causing red spots, rashes, itchiness, and inflammation of the skin. Dermatitis affects the skin in many forms like Atopic dermatitis, Contact dermatitis, hand dermatitis, Seborrheic dermatitis, Stasis dermatitis, nummular dermatitis, Lichen simplex chronicus, Dyshidrotic eczema. Following are the common symptoms.
- Atopic Dermatitis – Red, Dry and itchy skin with rashes. It is one of common dermatitis and generally affects cheeks, arms, and legs.
- Contact Dermatitis – Severe itching, burning, and swelling of the skin. It can affect any area of the body that had direct contact with allergenic substances like cosmetics, plants, etc.
- Lichen simplex chronics – Thick scaly patches on the skin.
- Hand Dermatitis – Pain on hands with itching and puss filled blisters on fingers.
- Nummular dermatitis – Brown, pink or red itchy lesion on arms legs. Scaly and inflammable skin around patches
- Seborrheic dermatitis – dandruff on scalp and hair or red rashes on scalp. It can also spread to face, eyebrows, ears
- Stasis dermatitis – Skin discoloration, itching, scaling, ulcers
- Dyshidrotic eczema – Redness, cracked skin, scaly skin
Prevention and cure
- Looking at the serious effects dermatitis can cause to your quality life try Following are some prevention and cure tips for dermatitis
- First and the foremost thing to prevent dermatitis is, stay alert and look for above-mentioned symptoms, If you feel itchiness around your arms, legs, hands or face do not hesitate to consult a dermatologist because prevention is half cure.
- Some forms of dermatitis like contact dermatitis and hand dermatitis can be prevented easily; they are mostly caused by allergenic substances. Many people have a different kind of allergies. If you feel itchiness or pain after coming contact with a substance consult your doctor, it can be anything from a cosmetic to an allergenic plant or edibles. Wash your hands or area of body after touching an allergenic substance
- Use mild soaps and avoid too hot water. Make use of moisturizers after taking a bath or before you go to bed. Take a bath with cold water and soak your body gently with cotton if you feel you are prone to dermatitis
Avoid wearing heavy jewelry or accessories that contain allergenic substances. Use loose fitted, comfortable and cotton clothes to reduce itchiness.…